If you missed parts one, two and three of this report of the Fibre Arts New Zealand report on Whanganui 2013, please catch up here! There are some good images of the earlier steps in the collage process.
After adding layers of paint in a variety of different densities we added depth, and image transfers to give more complexity and interest to our work. In a couple of my collages I added mount board, foam core or cardboard with gesso over the top to maintain the surface visually.
I was enjoying myself very much and did not try to over think my collages, which meant I worked more fluently and did not worry about tiny details, placements and colours. Things seemed to fit together well and I have now got my collages on the wall at home so I can see them and review which I want to work on further.
I got the impression that some of our group were really looking hard at their collage work and working towards a set goal and a set effect, they left nothing to chance – not letting go so a new creativity might strike. Others worked very hard on getting techniques right and discovering new directions.